Are you one of those who enjoy asparagus salads? When you can’t get enough of the flavor, and the crunch, remember to add it to your pizza.
I can tell you that my family enjoys this kind of pizza, especially on weekends. I think of asparagus pizza during spring just because it’s during this season that farmers harvest it a lot.
Of course, when you want to try a new meal, asparagus comes to mind. But what better way to enjoy it than to use it as a topping on your pizza.
Think of a zesty pizza that you can easily mix with the pesto and Italian cheeses to make a 30 minutes’ dinner. We talk a lot about asparagus as a side dish, but here it makes the main meal.
One thing that stands out about pizza is that you can use almost any food as the toppings. Whether you have the meats, only cheese, or veggies, you can create a perfect pizza. Have you tried the asparagus pizza?
Since I like to eat asparagus as my veggie, recently I made my first asparagus pizza, and trust me, my family wasn’t getting enough of it. This is why we are bringing to you another style to make the perfect asparagus pizza.
So asparagus pizza from the name is just the pizza with the asparagus pieces as part of the toppings. Of course, in most cases, you will have other toppings like the bacon and cheese included in the mix.
How to make the best asparagus pizza?
When you are looking for a luscious delicious, and easy-to-make pizza, you should try this recipe.
Pizza dough ingredients
We will make our dough here, although you can buy it at the stores just like other styles of dough. When you know some of the best doughs from the market, like the king Arthur one, you are safe to use them.
However, making it will guarantee you the perfect dough crust that is also perfectly chewy and easier to use. Make sure when you are out making it that you give it enough time to rise, making it still a flavorful choice.
The flour you will need to use in the dusting but also the making of the dough. Ensure you have the measurements below, though, for the dough.
- 60 grams of high-gluten flour,
- 20 grams of low-gluten flour,
- 43 grams of milk for even more flavor. I like it with the crust is also richly flavored. The milky taste is everything for your meal, remember.
- 1 gram of yeast will help the dough to rise and thus make it a lot more flavorful.
- 1 gram of salt,
- and olive oil
Asparagus is where some people like to shred it, but you don’t have to.
You can then cut out the ends of the stalks. Also, you can then add the whole piece from the middle to the ends of the pizza.
Green and red peppers cut into cubes,
the cheese styles
If you, however, don’t have the other different styles of cheese to add to the list, you can use the mozzarella cheese.
Pizza Sauce (again, preference is appropriate here. If you like a saucy pizza, make it saucy!)
The preparation process:
Prepare the dough
- Mix the flours, add salt. Meanwhile, you should add the yeast to the milk in another bowl, stir it and let it settle for about ten minutes. Next, then you should add the yeast solution into the powder. Go on to stir evenly with chopsticks or by hand. It should make the dough mixture into a loose crumble of dough. Also, allow it to stand for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes then you can add olive oil and start to knead everything slowly. Add the oil into the dough, keep kneading it to the expansion stage. Of course, you should attain a smooth dough ball. Set the smooth dough into the container and cover it with a damp cloth.
- Remember to leave the dough in a warm place then to ferment/proof. You should give it anything from 20 minutes to an hour. Some people even allow it more time to prove. Note that the more time it takes to prove, the better.
- Now when the dough ferments/proofs to 2.5 times its size, know that it’s now ready. You should then take it out and let it breathe. Also, you should round it and rest it for 15 minutes.
Prepare the toppings
As the dough is then proofing, you can start to prepare the toppings. Cut the asparagus into tiny pieces that are manageable as toppings on your pizza. Also, go on to cut the green and red pepper into small cubes.
It would help if you further cut the bacon and the onion into small cubes. This makes it just managed to eat.
Also, preheat the oven to a temperature of 200°C. This should take anything between 15-20 minutes to heat up.
- Roll out the dough
When you have the toppings ready, you will need to roll the dough out, and this will then have it being ready to use. Once you have already left the dough to rise for about 45 minutes, it’s ready, and it will roll out easily.
Start by first flouring your surface to prevent the sticking possibility. As you keep rolling the dough, you should remember to redistribute the flour to the perfect dough. If you don’t want to use the rolling method, you can use the hand stretching method.
Notice that the parchment paper will make the perfect guide to your perfect dough sheet. If you want, then you can make it circular or even oblong. Next, then you can put it in the greased pan. You will also have the fork to pierce some holes in the crust of the pizza.
Some people will often prefer to set it on the wooden peel first. Next, you can then layer on your toppings to make it into the authentic pizza of choice.
Start to layer the dough, then
- Spread a layer of pizza sauce on the crust
Of course, with this, then you are going to build the pizza up. Spread the layer of the pizza sauce before you, then sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese on it. Also, put all the toppings on to create the perfect pizza in no time. You can choose to add a few more dollops of sauce at this point (optional) and finally sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese.
How to finally bake the pizza.
We already preheated the oven, so it’s ready for baking. Now you can set the pizza on the middle layer of the oven and bake it for about 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can check the cheese to make sure it melts the crust into a beautiful, rich golden brown topping.
If you have set the pizza on the pizza peel, you should have the baking pan or steel ready. Sometimes if you have the parchment paper ready, it’s even easier as you will only need to set it on the oven rack and leave it to cook safely.
Again, observe that it’s ready, and when it’s cooked, you can remove it and serve it hot.
The cooking tips
Here are the things you need to know through the cooking process.
While you can store the pizza dough in the fridge when you’re ready to use it though you should never work on it while it’s very cold. So the best thing is to remove it from the fridge about 30-45 minutes before you start to assemble the dough.
Within this time then it will attain room temperature. Notice that the gluten then will relax and thus allow you to stretch it easily.
Since you don’t want the toppings to droll down the crust, you should mold the edges. With this folding of the edges, you will have the toppings retained in the pizza.
If you have one side of the pizza not cooking yet, you should turn it to have it cooking all of its parts. Please watch it and then have it cooking on all parts.
Be sure to give the dough enough time to ferment and thus attain the flavors suitably. The longer you give it to rise, the better because it will gain unique flavors quickly.
Tools and equipment‘s they used
This recipe shows you the use of the standard equipment and relatively nothing out of the ordinary. You need to use the stand mixer if you find it hard to make the dough. The rest of the tools you require, I know you have them already, so there’s no big deal.
Can I use the shaved asparagus?
Of course, you can use the shaved asparagus. This only means you are going to use the more perfect cuts of the asparagus. In most cases, though, when making the asparagus pizza, they will write it there that you are making the shaved asparagus pizza.
I‘m a carnivore but is this worth it?
Of course, this has more veggies, and more people will ask whether it’s delicious. I want to say that I don’t even have to tell you to try and see. Most people who tried this recipe have gotten hooked on the look.
Can I use another substitute?
Yes, you can use any other substitute of your choice; the only difference is that you will find a different flavor, but most likely, you will enjoy the same flavor. I like that it’s still as easy to use the asparagus flavor, you know.
How to make the best asparagus pizza?
Want more pizza recipes? check out:
- Black Olives Pizza
- Hot Dog Pizza
- Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Salam Pizza
- Fruit Pizza
- Pizza Hut Pan Pizza Recipe
- Hawaiian Pizza
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Shrimp Pizza
- Bisquick Pizza
- Pizza Seasoning
- Italian Pepperoni Pizza
How To Make The Best Asparagus Pizza
- 60 g high-gluten flour
- 20 g low-gluten flour
- 43 g milk for even more flavor. I like it with the crust is also richly flavored. The milky taste is everything for your meal, remember. ·
- 1 g yeast will help the dough to rise and thus make it a lot more flavorful
- 1 g salt
- olive oil
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- green and red peppers
- The easiest thing in the method is to make the dough. Once you master the skill, you will be surprised at how quickly you can make it. So in a clean bowl, add the yeast and milk to activate it.
- However, if you are using instant yeast, add it to the flour together with the salt, sugar some oil, and then mix it to form a shaggy mass of dough.
- Next, you can transfer it to a floured surface and then start to knead it until it’s all ready.
- Set it aside to start the rising step. Some people will leave it for longer just so they make sure the dough attains the perfect flavor.
- Meanwhile, start to prepare the toppings. If you need to shave the asparagus, do so. Also, you can dice the bell peppers. Also, you can dice the onions to be ready. This is further the time where you shred the mozzarella cheese.
- Start to roll it out, then. You want to make the perfect large size to set the toppings on. Some people may cook it first, but in this case, I just lay it on the pizza peel and start to layer it.
- Add on the pizza sauce, and then follow it with a layer of cheese. Go on to set the toppings, including the asparagus. Finish it all off by sprinkling some cheese. Now it's ready for the oven.
- Your oven should already be hot. Set it in the middle layer of the oven and give it enough time to cook. In most cases, if you have a high heat oven, then it can take about 5-20minutes.
There you have it all if you want; you should serve it all hot alongside parmesan cheese. If you want, then you can also serve it with the salad to make a whole meal. Did you try the recipe yet? So what do you think?