Are you a cheese lover? You then definitely need a cheese slicer; most people are not aware that appropriate cookware is sure to give you efficiency and reduce the time used for meal preparation.
There are a number of cheese slicers in the market today we are therefore going to discuss those I consider best to buy. Below are examples of cheese slicers for you to buy.
Best cheese slicers for home use to buy in 2021
1. Bellemain adjustable thickness cheese slicer
This is a cheese slicer from bellemain manufacturers who are known to produce the best quality kitchen equipment after conducting their own market research and improving their products to customer’s desires. It is made in a way that is easily adjustable to different thicknesses of the cheese slices. It is also said to be the strongest made from zinc alloy which is a heavy-duty material and stainless steel wires. It can be washed in a dishwasher or by hand.
- It has a year warranty
- It offers adjustable wire control to you
- It can easily handle cheese blocks and any cheese thickness
- It comes with extra replaceable wires
- The wire is not durable
- It’s hard to replace the wires
- The handle comes out easily
- The slicer has only 1 extra wire that doesn’t last long
2. Germany multi-purpose stainless steel cheese and food Slicer
Westmark is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of kitchenware equipment that comes with a beautiful chopping board. It not only slices cheese but also food like sausages, lettuce, and many other foodstuffs.
In addition, it has a stainless steel blade that can be used to cut hard and soft meat and vegetable as well as a long comfortable handle to use for long hours. It also comes with a scale to adjust to the required and desired thickness of cheese or meat.
- It is easy to clean in a dishwasher
- It comes with an additional board
- It is very comfortable to use
- Maintains a return policy
- Has a 5 years warranty
- It is expensive
- The blade is very light that it keeps moving as you slice
- It is not suitable for softer cheese.
3. Fox run premium marble cheese slicer
Fox run has been in the kitchenware market for over 40 years and it has a white marble which is meant to keep the cheese cool. Its base has a rubber pad which prevents the board from slipping and also reduces the cheese’s ability to slip and scatter.
It has a durable, stainless steel wire that is strong and able to cut hard cheese while it also is resistant to cheese sticking.
- It is easily affordable
- It comes with 2 wires for replacement
- Its marble board prevents the melting of the cheese
- It is easy to clean and use.
- Its wires are non-durable
- It is too small
- It is not as durable as it is said to be
4. Oxo good grips wire cheese slicer
This is made by the famous award-winning OXO manufacturing company for kitchen appliances. They have soft non-slip handles and stainless steel cutting wire connected with a tension wheel used to tighten the wire in order to avoid it being loose. The body is easy to use and can slide the cutting wire through hard and soft cheese.
- It has a tightening tension wheel
- The handle is soft and comfortable
- It comes with an additional wire
- It can be cleaned in a dishwasher
- It is affordable
- It is not as easy to use as they claim it is
- It is not durable
5. Attican barmix cheese slicer, stainless steel cutter
This is a multi-purpose 8-inch premium heavy duty cheese slicer that is not only for slicing cheese but also vegetable and pie server. This cheese slicer can cut even hard cheese and parmesan cheese. It is made with a stainless steel blade and rubber handle. It comes with a lifelong guarantee.
- You are guaranteed your money back
- It is easy to use
- Very easy to wash
- It is not as durable as it is perceived to be.
BENEFITS OF CHEESE SLICERS
- Shaping and trimming are easy: cheese slicer is the best because it can make the slices very thin and even in shape making it easy to melt in your sandwich.
- Presentation: There are very soft types of cheese that are very messy if you were to use a normal knife, cheese slicer is designed to cut both soft and hard cheese with the aim of making it very presentable.
- Saves time: cheese slicer saves time you assuming you were using kitchen knives you would have to sharpen it frequently to achieve desired results but with a cheese slicer if its wires wear out you can just replace and quickly cut the cheese as you desire.
- The prices are reasonable: it is quoted based on the kind of material used to make it and durability.
ATTRIBUTES TO LOOK FOR
Ensure that it is easy to clean
Always remember the fact that cheese tends to be sticky so if your product is not easy to clean it can easily be a source of a health hazard to you in the future. However, you don’t have to experience this because most of the cheese slicer is often additionally made using stainless steel material and are therefore easy to clean
Safety during cutting
The product should have a non-slip handle, secured cutting edges, and rubber feet for non-slip cutting edges features which will ensure safety during cutting.
Is it durable?
A durable model is guaranteed to save you the cost of frequently buying new cheese slicers. In addition, buy one that is of heavy-duty material that can stand whatever pressure it is faced with.
Here a stainless steel product is advisable because it can stand rust and corrosion. You can also buy a product that is of Zinc Alloy material since it is strong, rigid, and tough.
If the desired product has adjustable wires then that means you can use it for slicing any thickness of the cheese. Very few products have this feature therefore if you can get one the better for you.
Do you offer a warranty?
You cannot tell when the wires of your product will wear out so to be on the safe side go for products that offer at least one year warranty.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST CHEESE SLICER
Here are some of the things you should consider when choosing a cheese slicer.
- Get the best quality you need to consider the 3 categories of cheese slicers listed below
Cheese planes have a flat metal surface with a hole designed above the blade where the cheese slices can easily pass through. It has a wooden handle normally that helps in holding it. Below is an example
The rolling cheese cutter is suitable for both semi-soft and hard cheese variants. They use stainless steel wires to cut the cheese in various thicknesses.
Wire cheese slicers usually come with cutting boards that have wires suited for easy slicing.
- Price in relation to benefits and limitation of the cheese slicer
When choosing a cheese slicer ensure to confirm the prices in comparison to the benefits, limitations and attributes. Cheese slicers have a different price you can always get one that suits you if you do proper market research.
- The material used
The cheese slicer is mostly made of 2 materials zinc and alloy and at times stainless steel material, this ensures durability of the product.
ADDRESSING THE COMMON CONTROVERSY
Up to date people still think it is not important to buy a cheese slicer as long as you have a knife but the truth is cheese slicer will give you better results if you love the evenness of the cheese or if your cheese is very soft. Cheese slicers are designed to cut all kinds of cheese.
As opposed to most people’s beliefs you can and will get a cheese slicer that is durable and suitable for long time use.
According to the above factors to consider when buying a cheese slicer, I realize that they are not all as durable as they are perceived to be. They are also not 100% perfect therefore it’s important to buy one that is not only friendlier to your pocket but also possess the major qualities you desire. I would recommend Bellemain Cheese Slicer/Cutter because it can slice cheese easily, it also has 2 Replacement Stainless Steel Wires, it is easy to clean, safe to use, pocket-friendly, and durable.
Cheese slicers are convenient for easy work of sandwich and burger preparation; however, it is often overlooked ensure to check the various factors and buy yourself the best.