This is one of the unique recipes that we as a family have had for ages. Although from the name you could think it’s a hard dessert to make, this is easy to make dessert.
If you are one of those few people who enjoy the blueberries as I do, then you should try this recipe too.
Blueberry is the perfect dessert to use, especially for the upcoming summer days. You can eat them just as they are, or better yet, you can make the different deserts. Today though, we are interested in the blueberry pie.
Here is another perfect dessert you can use on those summer days.
You can use too many ways to enjoy the blueberry, but when you are eating the yogurt blueberry pie, you can be sure to have the creamy, delicious pie.
When you have your family around, one of the easiest ways to make a lighter dessert meal is to use this yogurt pie.
Don’t worry; this is not going to be too filling.
A blueberry yogurt pie is basically what the name suggests. It’s a pie that has the blueberry and the yogurt as part of the fillings. This one is often more common during the summer.
I don’t know a person who doesn’t like blueberries, so you are almost sure people will love it.
Of course, you are at liberty to use the different yogurts you would like hint this recipe. The Greek yogurt, though, is one of the healthiest options you can use.
One thing that makes it perfect is that it’s a pack of proteins, so it’s healthiest to use it. If not for anything, you will like it because it attains the lean muscles quickly.
Why use blueberries
There’s every reason to use the blueberries in the recipe, but the most common reason is the health benefits it has.
When you have the list of the healthiest ingredients, then the blueberries are on the list. If you want to benefits the most, though, you should eat it on a daily.
This one is everything good, but mostly you will like the sweetness with the tart flavor.
- This is one of the best antioxidants that will prevent inflammation as well.
- It features the best component rich in vitamin C. Notice that this will always boost your immunity, you know.
- This is one of the best options to use if your body is deficient in vitamin K. It’s the perfect choice to use for your brain health.
- Believe it that this one will also improve your bone health.
Why should I then use this recipe?
- This recipe we suggest here is the best for apparent reason has you will see below.
- It will surprise you that this is easy to make the recipe too. It will take you a short time to make the recipe.
- It makes the not soggy pie but also the one that will fit the different meals. You can use this recipe to snack, but you can use it as a main course meal.
- As long as you have the ingredients we then show here, you will be surprised at how short time it takes to make it.
- Here then, you’ll have the fruity and creamy yogurt pie as well.
The cooking process:
Of course, we will show you the following steps to make it into the perfect pie. But before we take those steps here, we have the steps to make this into a meal.
Gather all ingredients
Make it your nature to gather all the ingredients you need before you start to make the pie. Set them on the table, ready for you to start on.
Start to prepare the crust.
As you will see below, the very first step we then take is to prepare the crust. When you’re making the crust, then you can be sure it will start to puff up.
This is going to be easy to make the crust. You will notice that it takes a lot to prepare it regardless. But if you follow the steps, then you will make it perfect.
Prepare its fillings and then bake.
Of course, this pie is all about the filling, so you have to take the time you need to make it. Here is where you will start to make the blueberry. You’ll see the steps below on how to make the blueberry being ready.
You have to bake it at this juncture, and of course, you should bake it until the toothpick goes safely in.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie
- 100 g low-gluten flour
- 40 g butter
- 35 g whole egg liquid
- 20 g powdered sugar.·
- An appropriate amount of blueberry jam
- 90 g cream cheese
- 20 g yogurt
- 25 g caster sugar
- 35 g eggs
- 6 g corn starch
- Then you should set some plain yogurt
- Strawberry and blueberry
- Prepare the butterI like to use butter because it delivers the milky flavor, and it's delicious. Set the ingredients in the clean bowl. The butter does not need to be softened. Cut it into small cubes and then add low-gluten flour.
- Mix it allKeep kneading with your hands to form small particles that will then create the perfect pie too. So the butter and the flour will form the small crumbs. Take your time though no need to hurry through the process.
- Add on eggsAdd whole eggs and powdered sugar to the mixture. That is just a simple as we have said, add the sugar and the eggs to the mixture.
- Knead itHere then is the most crucial part, you need to knead it. Make it to a rough ball and then cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Within this time, the dough will keep on molding to form and make the perfect-looking one.
- Make the cheese filling.When the pie crust is refrigerated, prepare the cheese filling. In another bowl, then add yogurt and refined sugar to the softened cream cheese at room temperature. Also, go on to mix everything. Here then you are forming the perfect filling to make the pie perfect.
- Keep stirringYou can pump and stir by hand until smooth. Alternatively, you could use the whisk to try and make it as smooth as you can. Be gentle as you don't want to form any lumps when making the cream.
- Next, add on some eggs.Go on to add eggs and cornstarch to the mixture we have already created above. I like to use the yellow eggs to make the perfect color as below. Don’t you just like the mixture?
- Keep stirringI like to use the whisk to stir the content, thus making it smooth. Take your time because you want it to attain the perfectly smooth batter. Next, then put it in the refrigerator for later use.
- Back to the doughNow you should roll out the refrigerated dough. Make sure you make a large piece of dough and spread it on the pie pan. Start to push it flat by hand slowly and gently. Next, use a fork to pierce some holes at the bottom to prevent the pie crust from bulging during baking. Go on to press it onto the pie pan.
- Spread a layer of blueberry jam.We had the blueberry jam from the ingredients, which will make it the blueberry pie. Well, now you have the pie crust ready, so it’s time to add on the blueberry jam. Spread the jam to all parts of the pie crust. Spread it all over the pie crust, making perfect blueberry jam.
- Add the cheese paste.You had already made the paste, so you should be ready with it. Go on to add the cheese paste on top of the blueberry jam. Of course, this is going to be the filing you can use. But remember to shake it in such a way that you level the surface.
- Bake itAfter the surface is leveled, put it into the preheated oven, use 190 degrees for 15 minutes, and then turn to 170 degrees for about 15 minutes until the surface is golden. Allow it enough time to cook up correctly, though.
- CooldownPlease take off the film after baking it out and let it cool. The cooking part is always just as important, and you should never skip it. So give it enough time to cool down. Don't be in a hurry to cut it’s during the cooling; the cooking process is still going on.
- Top it with a layer of yogurtSprinkle a layer of yogurt on the surface after cooling, and decorate with strawberries and blueberries. Next, you can then garnish it with strawberries.
- If you’re going to make the pie entirely, then you should remember to add the lemon rinds if you like. It adds other flavors to the pie.
- It will often amplify the flavors too. Lemon flavor will complement the blueberry flavors.
- If you want even to save more time, then you should buy your shortbread crusts. Of course, when you use the shortbread crust then will be ready in just a little over five minutes.
- If you want, though, you can make it by yourself as we do here, but then make sure you also add the lemon rinds. They will give your crust bread the lemony flavor as well.
- The number of ingredients we used here they can make it a six-inch pie plate.
- Do not soften the butter in the pie crust; use it directly in the cold storage.
- The baking time is based on the temperature of your oven, and the surface can be colored golden brown.
- Here you can be sure to have the light and refreshing yogurt pie you will like, especially if you aren’t strictly a health freak.
I have leftovers. Can I store it for future use?
Of course, you will comfortably store it in the fridge. When you make the pie, you may not make exact enough rather more than needed. This is what we are interested in because you don’t want it to spoil. When you have eaten enough, set the remains in the air-tight container and then into the refrigerator.
Here in the fridge, you will have it last just a maximum of five days if you want to have the pie last longer; though, you can set it in the freezer. Remember, when you are about to serve it, you should thaw it overnight and then use the reheating process.
Can I use regular yogurt?
Yes, you can use the regular one just as much as you could go for the healthier option, the Greek yogurt. We also have many people who don’t enjoy Greek yogurt.
Must I use the lemon rinds for the pie?
Understand that the lemon comes to add on the flavors. You don’t always have to add the rinds, but don’t forget to make it if you enjoy the lemony flavors.
How is it going not to cause some wetness if you use yogurt?
This is one question you won’t stop asking as a beginner. Although the yogurt is watery, it will not make the pie a soggy mess. It will maintain the proper texture whether you are using regular yogurt or Greek yogurt.
Are you a health freak?
I can tell you I’m not one to count calories on the scale for everything I eat, but I maintain the perfect body. Now, if you prefer to be a little happy eating these desserts, then you’re going to enjoy this meal too.
My policy is always simple ‘don’t overdo anything’ remember to use anything you do in moderation. So be sure to eat it as much as you enjoy but in moderation.
I’m always inspired to say that you should try and please your family even if you are fit and healthy. So we have the perfect recipe to use today; consider using it today. Most of the time, you will find the dessert is going to be at the restaurants. Just don’t wait for the day you are in the restaurant.