When you think about the process of making or cooking a pizza, I am sure you are used to the idea of using an oven more than you would consider the idea of using a stovetop.
Well, the answer to your wandering is yes, it is possible to cook your frozen pizza on a stovetop.
Many scenarios might force you to use a stovetop for cooking your frozen pizza.
Maybe your power supply is out, and you cannot use an oven; maybe the stovetop is all you have, but you still want to enjoy your pizza, or maybe you have just decided to try something different.
The good thing is that you have come to the right place. This article will offer you insight and a guide on how you can prepare your frozen pizza on your stovetop.
Hopefully, by the end of this write-up, you will be confident and comfortable to try it out.
How to cook frozen pizza on a stovetop
Before we dive into the process, some things would be essential for you to note. For you to get the best pizza crust, you need to use a non-stick pan.
The reason for this is that with the non-stick pan, your frozen dough will not be caught on the pan while you are trying to cook the pizza.
This means you have reduced the chances of your pizza crust getting burnt at the end of the day.
If you don’t have a non-stick pan in your kitchen, then do well to oil your pan with olive oil; this also reduces any stickiness.
If you have an Iron skillet pan, it is also a good option for you.
- Place your non-stick or iron skillet pan on your heated stovetop. Please keep the heat at medium temperature. Heat the skillet or the pan for about three minutes.
- Please take out your defrosted frozen pizza from the pack and place it into your non-stick pan or the iron skillet. Make sure that the crust of your pizza fits into the pan without having to force it.
- Cover your pan with the lid and allow to cook for 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat. It is essential to cover the pan to let the steam within cook the toppings. If the pan you are using doesn’t have a lid, you can use aluminum foil paper to cover the pan.
- After the specified time, check your crust to be sure that it is well well cooked. If your crust has not cooked correctly, you can add three more minutes to allow it to cook.
- When your crust has browned and is crispy, put off the heat, close your lid and let it sit for another 3 to 5 minutes. The pan’s heat will give way for your cheese to melt evenly and for the toppings to be cooked appropriately.
- Take off the pan from the stovetop, and put your pizza on a large plate. Allow it to cool for a minute or two, then slice it up and serve your delicious pizza.
This is a less convenient way than if you were to use the oven, so you will need to be alert.
You have to continually check on the dough to ensure that it receives the right amount of heat and is not burning up.
Advantages of cooking your frozen pizza on a stovetop
- One of the advantages of using the stovetop for cooking your frozen pizza is adding less heat to your home. If it is winter, you might be worried that using an oven might heat your home and making it too uncomfortable to stay.
If you do not have a grill, the best way to reduce your house’s chances of getting hotter is by using the stovetop for your frozen pizza. You end up with less heat around the house than if you were to use the oven.
- Using this method makes you save power; using an oven consumes more electricity. If you are hoping to save some electricity, then this would be the cheaper option for you.
- This is a faster method if you are cooking just one or two frozen pizzas. You do not have to go through all the routine of warming up your oven for a very long time. This is faster if you are short on time.
Cons of using the Stovetop
- This method of cooking your frozen pizza is less convenient. This is because you have to be alert and, on your toes, ensure that the temperature is okay. You have to be alert when the stove starts smoking, which might require you to reduce the heat. You have to sit and watch your food while it is cooking.
- Secondly, with the stovetop, you have to struggle with the uneven distribution of heat. This uneven distribution of heat can cook some parts of your frozen pizza more than other parts. You have to make sure you move your pizza around to make sure all parts are adequately cooked.
- There are higher chances of getting a burnt crust if you have not mastered this method. Since you cannot measure the temperature, you can have a burnt crust or a soggy crust. We all know the pizza crust is what makes the pizza enjoyable.
Using a stovetop to cook your pizza might come in handy, but the truth is that it is not one of the most reliable methods to rely on.
If you must use this method, it should be because you have run out of all other options.
If you are hoping to have a wonderful pizza meal, using this method for the first time might not guarantee you that. With the stovetop, you need a lot of trial and error for you to perfect this art.
I am not very passionate about using the stovetop for my frozen pizza, but it can work if you badly need a way to fix yourself a meal.