Dividing a pizza into seven equal parts may seem like a daunting task, but it’s actually quite simple when you know how. In this article, we’ll show you how to achieve perfect slices with just a pizza cutter and a few simple steps.
Are you tired of searching for a simple and effective method to cut a pizza into 7 equal parts?
You’re not alone! Many articles out there provide countless tools and complicated instructions, leaving you feeling frustrated and confused.
But fear not! In this article, I will provide you with a clear and easy-to-follow method for cutting your pizza into 7 perfectly even slices.
No need for complex calculations or specialized equipment – all you need is a pizza cutter(even a knife) and some toothpicks.
Don’t be intimidated by so many pictures, trust me, it’s very easy. Let’s get started.
- 1 Tools to use
- 2 Steps
- 3 Find the point where 1/16 of the pizza is located.
- 4 Pull out the food picks at 1/2,1/4 and 1/8
- 5 Divide the red part into 3 equal parts, and divide the blue part into 4 equal parts.
- 6 Mark the outline (from the centre to the food pick, this is where you cut the pie) with the food pick(you can use your pizza cutter to do the same thing)
- 7 Pullout the food pick
- 8 Cut the cake into 7 equal parts according to the marks
- 9 Conclusion
Tools to use
- Some food picks, you can use toothpicks instead.
- A Knife, instead of using a knife to cut your pizza, you can opt for a pizza cutter as a more effective and efficient tool.
- While I use a cake in this tutorial, this method can be applied to pizzas and other round pastries as well.
Mark the centre of the cake (your pizza).
Find the point where 1/16 of the pizza is located.
Stick the food picks as shown.
Pull out the food picks at 1/2,1/4 and 1/8
Divide the red part into 3 equal parts, and divide the blue part into 4 equal parts.
This way you can see that the pink area is divided into 3 equal parts
Mark the outline (from the centre to the food pick, this is where you cut the pie) with the food pick(you can use your pizza cutter to do the same thing)
Pullout the food pick
Cut the cake into 7 equal parts according to the marks
I think when you search for how to cut a pizza into 7 slices, what you really mean is almost equal slices.
If you are not requesting for “equal”, it’s still easy to do.
Simply cut the pizza in half, then cut one half into 3 slices and the other half into 4 slices.
Don’t believe me that you can achieve almost equal slices via my method?
Let’s do the math. The red portion of the pizza should be 7/16 (1/2-1/16) and the blue part should be 9/16 (1/2+1/16).
When we divide 7/16 by 3, we get 0.146;
when we divide 9/16 by 4, we get 0.141.
As you can see, the slices are at least almost equal.
I have to say even if you were to use a protractor, there would still be some deviation.