Papa Murphy’s makes great pizza. This chain combines high quality ingredients and empowering the customer to cook their own pizza. The smell of freshly-cooked pizza wafting through the home at night is unparalleled.
Many people aren’t happy with the soggy and lukewarm takeaway pizza that’s slightly sad and disappointing. Many customers would much prefer the freshly cooked pizza with minimal effort.
Papa Murphy’s takes all of the mess of pizza preparation away, leaving people to only have the joy of home-cooked freshly baked pizza.
A Brief History
The history of Papa Murphy‘s begins with the merger of two well-known pizza brands; Papa Aldo’s and Murphy’s Pizza, in 1995. Since then, the franchise has managed to become the fifth-largest pizza franchise in the world with a very unique business model.
Papa Murphy’s managed to reach 1,300 franchise locations without turning on a single pizza oven. Papa Murphy’s serves uncooked pizza for customers to take home.
With Papa Murphy’s pizza, a customer gets a freshly-made pizza from high-quality ingredients. The company prides itself on quality, to the point that they provide video tutorials on how to make their pizza.
Take ‘N’ Bake
Papa Murphy’s has a business model that is like no other. The customer is involved in the food production, with Papa Murphy’s selling uncooked pizza for customers to take home, heat, and enjoy.
The customer also gets to have the pleasure of a freshly-cooked slice of pizza from their oven, while enjoying the fragrance of home-made pizza.
The franchisees also keep their costs low without the need for a pizza oven. By having the customer involved in making the pizza, they experience a sense of accomplishment from the purchase; pride in the food that they have created.
Papa Murphy’s Toppings
Papa Murphy’s pizza Ingredients are often boasted to be high in quality.
This is evidenced in their commitment in 2016 to serving chicken raised without antibiotics in an effort to appeal to organic food demand.
Papa Murphy’s continues to combine their toppings in a fantastic menu. Papa Murphy’s offers a fantastic range of signature and gourmet pizzas, along with the option for custom pizza.
Papa Murphy’s has a considerable range of meat toppings, including Canadian bacon, pepperoni, bacon, Italian sausage, salami, grilled chicken, and beef.
Papa Murphy’s has previously experimented with gourmet options such as fennel sausage and Angus beef.
There is a great range when it comes to vegetable toppings on a Papa Murphy’s pizza.
Papa Murphys offers the traditional Roma tomatoes, black olives, sundried tomatoes, pineapple, jalapenos, spinach, and mushroom.
On top of the more traditional toppings there are also artichoke hearts, zucchini, and banana peppers as vegetables to be put on pizza.
Papa Murphy’s Pizza Sizes and Crusts
Papa Murphy’s has the widest variety when it comes to crusts. Customers can choose a gluten-free, original recipe, fresh pan, stuffed, or thin crust.
Stuffed pizza is two layers of dough; making a giant pizza-calzone for the family to enjoy. Pizzas are available as a medium, large, and family sizes.
Stuffed pizzas are only available as large or family-sized, while the Thin Crust deLITE range only comes as large size.
Papa Murphy’s Pizza Ingredients
Papa Murphy’s offers a wide range when it comes to their standard menu items.
By minimising the overheads without baking the pizza, it makes it easier for them to maintain stock of a range of fresh ingredients for their customers to enjoy.
The signature range of pizzas offers the classic pizzeria-style pizzas for people to head and enjoy in their own homes. All pizzas come with Papa Murphy’s specialty sauce and a generous amount of mozzarella cheese.
- Papa’s Favourite: pepperoni, Italian sausage, ground beef, mushrooms, onions, olives and green peppers.
- Murphy’s Combination: salami, pepperoni, Italian sausage, mushroom, onion, and olives.
- The Cowboy: pepperoni, Italian sausage, mushrooms, olives, herb and cheese blend.
- Papa’s All Meat: Canadian bacon, salami, pepperoni, Italian sausage, and ground beef
- Vegetarian: mushrooms, onions, green peppers, black olives, and roma tomatoes.
- Papa’s Perfect: Half pepperoni, half Hawaiian
- Papa-Roni: 33% more pepperoni than the regular pepperoni pizza. For an added pepperoni kick, the pepperoni is braided into the crust of the pizza.
- The Hawaiian: Canadian bacon and pineapple.
Stuffed pizzas are made by having two layers of dough with the ingredients in between.
The stuffed pizza is then rolled on the edge, ensuring nothing can escape similar to a giant calzone or an Italian-style pastie. The extra carbohydrates also make it extra filling.
- 5 Meat Stuffed: Canadian bacon, pepperoni, Italian sausage, and crispy bacon.
- Chicago-Style Stuffed: salami, pepperoni, Italian sausage, ground beef, onions, and roma tomatoes
- Chicken and Bacon Stuffed: creamy garlic sauce, grilled chicken, crispy bacon, roma tomatoes, and onion
- Big Murphy’s Stuffed: pepperoni, Italian sausage, mushrooms, olives, green peppers, and roma tomatoes with herb and cheese blend
The gourmet range uses a wider range of non-standard fresh and high-quality ingredients.
All gourmet pizzas are served with Papa Murphy’s creamy garlic sauce as a base, luxury inherent with the flavour.
- Gourmet Chicken Garlic: grilled chicken, roma tomatoes and green onions with herb and cheese blend
- Gourmet Vegetarian: spinach, zucchini, mushrooms, marinated artichoke hearts, roma tomatoes, and onions with herb and cheese blend
- Gourmet Classic Italian: pepperoni, Italian sausage, mushrooms, roma tomatoes, and green onions with herb and cheese blend
Thin Crust deLITE
The Thin Crust deLITE range offers some Papa Murphy’s standard menu items, only with 40% fewer calories and 30% less fat than the original menu item.
Customers get to enjoy the same Papa Murphy’s flavour that they love, only without as much guilt of it all going to the waistline.
- Chicken Bacon Artichoke deLITE: creamy garlic sauce, grilled chicken, crispy bacon, marinated artichoke hearts, spinach, and parmesan cheese.
- Herb Chicken Mediterranean deLITE: olive oil, garlic, mozzarella, spinach, grilled chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and fetta cheese.
- Hawaiian deLITE: Canadian bacon and pineapple
- Veggie deLITE: creamy garlic sauce, spinach, mushrooms, and Roma tomatoes
- Meat deLITE: pepperoni, Italian sausage, ground beef
- Pepperoni deLITE:
Papa Murphy’s offers custom pizzas, with a basic cheese pizza available and charging one dollar per each additional topping added, regardless of the size.
Customers are allowed to customise the pizza to their tastes as though they are making the whole thing at home.
Papa Murphy’s also offers a range of other dishes to supplement the pizza offerings. Garlic bread appetisers are often a go-to for the perfect pizza accompaniment.
There’s also a range of salads and calzones available. There are also deserts to choose from.
How to Cook Papa Murphy’s Pizza
Papa Murphy’s provides comprehensive instructions on how to make pizzas in the best possible way, ensuring that their customers are satisfied with the end result.
Papa Murphy’s Cowboy
The Cowboy is possibly the most highly-acclaimed and celebrated of the Papa Murphy’s range. You can see how they make The Cowboy and the style a attitude that goes into making Papa Murphy’s one of the most celebrated and acclaimed take and bake pizza chains.
Papa Murphy’s is a unique restaurant. It’s a bold move serving a food that can only be consumed if the customer takes it home and cooks it.
Papa Murphy’s superb toppings along with the feeling of accomplishment in baking your own pie makes the chain iconic. Generously topped pizzas combined with the best sourced ingredients makes for a winning equation.