Who else enjoys the succulent, juicy, flavorful, and tasty fish-like taste of the shrimps on their pizza?
When I was in elementary school, my family’s finances were down low. At the time, it was just a dream to go out for a meal. If you don’t know it, in the ’90s, going out for a meal was quite luxurious. Regardless even in my young mind, I was never one to enjoy fast food as much.
However, when I was in college though I began to like pizzas and particularly shrimp pizza. I enjoyed this one to the extent I decided to learn how to make it. Over the years, I have perfected my recipe, and my friends can’t just get enough of my pizzas. My secret; add on some pineapples and shrimps to the pizza.
How did I learn to make it?
I must say it took time, and it was always a more trial and error case. I would try one recipe today and then another one tomorrow. Over the years then I have identified the right recipe for me.
The whole process took time as I was doing my research from the magazines, pizza fanatics, and online. With this knowledge, I came up with the recipe we have here today.
I found the ingredients in this way; I searched for a recipe with good reviews online and began my experiment by making the dough to hand-toss it and build it. Unexpectedly, it was pretty successful the first time. I remember that it was made with sausage and green peppers.
On the very first day, the lady I know to be the best cook-my mother said it was outstandingly delicious and a go-to. But that was also the same story among my friends and other family members. With that success, I could only start to make more, thus perfecting it.
If you, therefore, know me, you will know I like to experiment in the kitchen. A while ago, I decided to try the much sought-after “Pineapple and Shrimp Pizza.” You bet I made my family members lick their fingers once again. But of course, this takes time for you to make the right recipe, and we will make it easier for you.
Notice that the ingredient list is quite pricey, and as such, this is not the kind of pizza you want to make every day or week. Even though it’s my best, I make it on special occasions.
Of course, this also means I can test different flavors I like to see if they work great with my ingredients combinations. So the one we list here today is one of the very best options.
Pineapple is back in season, and I can’t tell you just how glad I am just because you can make all the different meals with it. The fruit pizza is delicious, not forgetting the texture it gives it and the subtle acidity too. You may not understand, but I’m also one who likes Hawaiian pizza.
When you blend the shrimps with the sweet pineapple flavor and the fragrant mozzarella, you won’t get enough. If you then like bananas, you should try them using the bananas. Bottom-line, you don’t want to put a lot of fruit as that will stop it from working.
Pizza Dough Ingredients
- 150 G high-gluten flour,
- 90 ml warm water
- 10 g olive oil,
- 2.5 g yeast,
- 2.5 g salt
- 6 prawns/shrimps
- 180 g pineapple
- 50 g grilled sausage (I use garlic flavor)
- Pizza sauce (The amount is personal preference)
- Mozzarella (pre-shredded or whole fresh mozzarella sliced)
- Mix the ingredients and then knead the doughIn a clean and large bowl, put high gluten flour, water, yeast, sugar, salt, and olive oil. Start to mix it, and when you have a rough mass of dough, you can start to knead it. The kneading will take a long time, but you aim to ensure you deliver a smooth and elastic dough. Please keep checking the surface, too, since you want it to be smooth.If you will use the stand mixer, then it's even more accessible. The difference is always that you will add the ingredients above into the mixer and then mix them at a low speed. Just remember to use the dough hook for the same because otherwise, it won't work. Keep mixing the dough for the next 10 minutes. When you find that the dough is too sticky, you should add a little bit of the flour. Until you have a smooth ball of dough, it's not ready yet. You will know it's ready when you notice it's sticking just a little on the bottom of the bowl.
- Proofing the doughThis is another significant step of the dough preparation, you know. You should give it time to proof and double in size. Some people give it up to 24 hours to be ready to use, which means you have an even better but enriched dough.
- Prepare the fruit and other ingredientsCut the pineapple into slices with a thickness of about 3mm, slice the sausages, rinse the shrimps (sprinkle some white pepper and salt, and marinate for 10 minutes). I want you to know that the shrimps will cook pretty fast, so you don't have to overthink how you will cook it. In some instances, then you can decide to prepare the shrimps by even grilling them. Here's how: in a skillet, melt your butter. Go on to set the heat to medium-low. Add on some garlic and let it cook to golden brown before you add on the shrimps. It would help if you tossed it a little bit to have it cook perfectly. Now add some wine to the mixture. Keep tossing it and make sure it gets to pink color, and then it's ready to set to the pizza. Preheat the oven.
- Prepare the mozzarellaI like to use different kinds of cheese to get the different flavors of the cheese. But in this, if you like, you can only use mozzarella. So then you should cut the mozzarella into slices or small pieces unless you bought pre-shredded.
- Get the proofed dough and allow it some time to breathe.Please take out the proofed dough and let it breathe; roll it into a large pizza crust (rectangular, random round, about 6mm thick). You can then choose the right pizza pan to cook the pizza. If you don't want to, then you won't need to use the pizza pan.I made the pizza directly on the parchment paper for convenience. Here then, you will have it being in direct contact to your surface. Don't forget to make the tiny holes using your fork to allow the air to go through the pizza crust.
- Now set the sauce on the pizza.Spread some pizza sauce evenly on the surface of the crust. Of course, you should make sure the sauce isn't too watery. It would help if you had it serving you perfectly.
- Set the toppingsArrange the sausage slices and shrimp, and this then is according to how many toppings you need the pizza to have. Just make sure you distribute the toppings evenly at all times.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella.Next, you should add on some mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the cheese all over the surface of the shrimp pizza. This is just the first layer of the cheese that you will set on the pizza's surface.
- Put the pineapple slices evenly.Add the tiny slices or dices of pineapple to the cheese. The trick is to layer them evenly, making sure you set on just enough pieces of the pineapple.
- Another layer of cheese. Sprinkle another layer of mozzarella on the surface, and put the pizza in the baking pan and the parchment paper. Put the baking tray into the middle of the oven at 180°C (350°F) and bake for about 25 minutes. Bake for 15 minutes midway, but before the elapse of the 15 minutes, then you should take out the pizza. Go on to put the remaining mozzarella sprinkled on the surface. Take it back to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.If you then look at it, you will notice that the surface of the pizza slightly yellows. It's ready, so you can remove it and serve it hot and stretchy.
Still looking for more recipes to serve with pizza? Check out the article.
Generally, how can I make the best shrimp pizza?
The truth is that whenever we are looking for pizza, then the shrimp pizza is never the very first choice we think of. This doesn’t, however, mean that the pizza is never that great. There are many other popular options that you can choose from. Shrimp pizza, for most people, is just the other pizza.
It’s only when you have eaten it elsewhere do you want to try it yourself in your kitchen, and here we are showing you.
I have found that the best way to make it then is to sauté the shrimps with garlic and butter. So before you even set it in the pizza, you should make sure it’s the perfect pizza toppings style.
If you want, you can then add the seasoned ricotta to the dough. When you then do that, you may not even need to make the alfredo.
Add on some mozzarella and parmesan cheese before you begin to bake the pizza as you would like to.
For a crispy crust, remember to use the stone. You have to know the perfect stone that will, however, work for your pizza.
What is the best shrimp for your pizza?
Of course, there will be different kinds of pizza, and here then you have the best shrimps to use.
Choose to buy the medium shrimp. However, if you can’t find medium ones, you want to use the small ones.
When going to buy it, make sure you only order the peeled options of the shrimps. But if you dint buy the right one, then you can remove the shells yourself.
You can choose either the fresh or the frozen one. They serve the same purpose even though I always go for the fresh one.
What should you serve with the shrimps?
When you’re going to serve the shrimps, the first thing you may ask is what you can serve with this cheesy, flavorful, and gooey meal, and we have you covered.
You can use white beans, which means you are adding plant-based protein to the recipe.
You can also use the green salad to enrich it.
Also, choose to use the sautéed veggies.