By calling ahead to place an order for a pizza from the Costco food court, you may be able to skip the line and pick up your pizza at the specified time. This can save time and avoid waiting in line during busy periods.
Costco is an international membership-only big-box retail store with 848 warehouses worldwide.
It is widely known for its discounted shopping items, freebies, and inexpensive food court menu options.
In Costco’s food court, you can take advantage of affordable meals.
They are famous for their enormous 18-inch pizzas that only cost $9.95.
Slices are also available for $1.99 each.
Choose between two classic pizza styles from Costco’s pizza menu: cheese and pepperoni.
You can enjoy classic pizzas without breaking the bank here.
But is there any way to get it delivered to your home? Let’s find out!
This article answers the following questions:
- Can I Order Costco Food Court Pizza Online?
- How Do I Order Costco Pizza the Traditional Way?
- What Are Third-Party Alternatives to Deliver Costco Pizza?
If you want to buy Costco’s frozen pizza online, please check my guide to the best Costco frozen pizza options.
Can I Order Costco Food Court Pizza Online?
Costco’s Customer Service says you cannot order pizza online now.
Thus, ordering pizza through their website and app is not possible.
You need not worry! There are still several ways to get Costco pizza. Continue reading for further details.
How Do I Order Costco Pizza the Traditional Way?
Traditionally, Costco food court pizza and sides can only be ordered through two ways: via phone and store orders.
If you are in a hurry, the best way to order is by calling your local Costco food court in advance.
In this way, you can quickly pick up your pizza as soon as you arrive at your preferred store.
Here’s the ordering process for phone and in-store orders:
- Find your local Costco Food Court by entering a city, state, or Zip code.
- You will see a list of Costco locations when you click “Find”.
- Click “Store Details” to see the address, store hours, and local phone number of your preferred store.
- You will then be assisted by a Costco staff.
- After placing an order, head to the store and pick up your pizza order.
- Enter your city, state, or zip code to locate the Costco Food Court in your area.
- Find Costco locations by clicking “Find”.
- Choose your preferred store and click “Get Directions” to know how to get there.
- Prepare your membership card. You may be required a membership card to get inside the warehouse to reach the food court.
- If the food court is outside the warehouse, you don’t need a membership card. However, some food courts outside have kiosks that may require you to scan a membership card before you can proceed with your order.
- Place your order at the food court counter.
- Wait for your order to be ready.
What Are Third-Party Alternatives to Deliver Costco Pizza?
Although Costco can only cater to phone and in-store orders, there are still some hacks to delivering your Costco pizza to your home with the help of third-party delivery alternatives.
However, these options outlined below can be a bit pricey or complex.
Nevertheless, these alternatives can fulfill the promise of delivering Costco pizza without stepping out of the door.
Here’s how to order Costco pizza online via third-party delivery services.
Founded in 2012, Instacart provides grocery delivery and pickup services in the United States.
Costco’s same-day deliveries are powered by Instacart through website and app orders.
You can order items from all Costco’s departments – from bed & bath to computers and groceries.
To help you save on annual Instacart fees, you can link your Instacart account to your Costco membership.
A discounted Instacart+ membership is available to Costco members for only $79 per year.
If you are new to Instacart+, you can also receive a free two-month Instacart+ membership as long as you are a Costco member.
So how can you get Costco pizza with Instacart? A personal shopper of Instacart handles your deliveries.
Once you place your orders for groceries, you can talk to your personal shopper and ask if they are willing to pick up your pizza.
Take note that this is outside the standard protocol of Instacart grocery orders, so not all personal shoppers may accept your request.
If they agree to your pick up request, you can then call your chosen Costco food court to order in advance.
Ideally, it would help if you give a tip to express gratitude for handling your special request. Here are the steps to follow to order pizza via Instacart.
- Visit Costco’s same-day delivery site and log in or sign in to your account.
- Order your groceries and go to Checkout.
- Input your delivery details and preferred schedule.
- Select a payment method and pay for your order.
- Once you have a personal shopper assigned, contact them by calling or texting their number.
- Ask if the personal shopper is willing to accept your pick-up request. Add a tip for the extra service.
- If the personal shopper accepts your special request, call your chosen Costco food court right away to place a pizza order. This order may be added as an add-on item to your shopping list or be paid upon delivery.
View this post on Instagram
Same-day grocery delivery is possible with Shipt, an American delivery company owned by Target Corporation.
It covers more than 5,000 cities and over 120 retailers in the United States.
Shipt provides delivery services for grocery needs, household supplies, alcohol, and electronics.
With Shipt’s personal shoppers, you can easily communicate with them about the items you want.
Since Shipt has delivery services for Costco groceries, you can ask the personal shopper to pick up your pizza and deliver it with your groceries.
You will need to order the pizza in advance by phone. However, it is still best to ask the personal shopper if they can pick up your pizza since this procedure is not a company standard.
Moreover, you might have to give an extra tip to ask them to go out of their way to pick up your pizza. Here’s how you can order pizza:
- Visit Shipt and sign up to be a member.
- Choose Costco as your local store using the app or website.
- Select the schedule of your delivery.
- For first orders, you can use the code GETSHIPT to get a $0 delivery fee. Codes may change, so check the website for the updated code.
- Shop the items you want to buy in the grocery.
- Connect with the personal shopper and ask permission if they can pick up the pizza.
- If the personal shopper allows it, call your chosen Costco food court and order the pizza in advance. In this way, the pizza is ready as soon as the personal shopper is done shopping for your items.
- Wait for the items to be delivered to you.
View this post on Instagram
TaskRabbit provides all kinds of services – from furniture assembly to gardening and delivery.
It is an online marketplace for freelancers providing labor work that started in 2008.
To use the system, you will have to select the type of work you need help with.
From there, you will be able to select freelancers or “Taskers” who you think fit the job.
Taskers are the ones who set their rates per hour. For delivery services, it can range from $20 to $40 or more per hour.
The site shows reviews and the number of completed tasks of the Tasker.
It also lets you chat with the Tasker, add a tip and pay, and post a review.
For convenience, you can also download the app via App Store and Google Play.
Since they have delivery services, it is also an excellent option to have your pizza delivered.
However, it can be costly since you pay them by the hour according to their set rate.
It is best to use this option if you have more than one pizza to order.
Moreover, make sure you order in advance by calling Costco via telephone to save on the hourly fees.
- Visit TaskRabbit and sign up.
- Choose your location.
- Pick a Task.
- Select the date and time of service.
- Select a Tasker to do the job.
- Wait for the pizza to be delivered and pay accordingly.
If you live in Orange County and Oceanside in California, you can try ordering Costco pizzas using Swank Cook.
It is a private delivery service and is not affiliated with Costco.
They require a minimum of two pizzas and can deliver them on the same day.
The cut-off time for same-day deliveries is 12 PM. After 12 PM, it is delivered between 2 PM and 6 PM.
You can order pizzas from Orange County Costco, Dana Point Costco, Laguna Niguel Costco, Lake Forest Costco, Oceanside Costco, and Vista Costco. The cost of pizza via Swan Cook is as follows:
- 2 pizzas – $27.00
- 3 pizzas – $39.00
- 4 pizzas – $49.00
- 5 pizzas – $69.00
- 6 pizzas – $79.00
The pizzas are paid in advance through their website. Afterward, they will handle the process of ordering from Costco and delivering it to your home.
The only downside to this option is that you may receive your pizzas cold already since they handle multiple daily deliveries. Nevertheless, you can always reheat your pizza before eating.
It is not as big as other delivery services, so getting more information about their delivery experience is minimal.
However, you can check reviews from Restaurantji and Google to learn about their service.
Follow these steps to order a Costco pizza from Swank Cook.
- Visit Swank Cook and sign up.
- Choose your local Costco food court.
- Select the quantity and type of pizza and click Add to Cart.
- Input your personal details and delivery schedule.
- Pay for your order.
- Wait for the pizza to be delivered.
As of the moment, online pizza orders have yet to be made available for Costco.
We can only hope that Costco allows online orders in the future.
In the meantime, you can still place your orders by calling them or ordering in-store.
The best tip for ordering Costco pizza is to call in advance so that the order is ready when you arrive to pick it up.
If you can’t go to the Costco food court, you can try having it delivered through Instacart, Shipt, TaskRabbit, and Swank Cook. However, it may not be the cheapest and most convenient option.
To learn more information about Costco’s pizza, check out the guides “An Updated Costco Pizza Menu With Price 2023” and “Costco Pizza Nutrition and Calories“.
Slice Pizzeria also has other helpful articles on famous pizzerias, so remember to follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram to read the latest news.
Have you ever tried calling to order Costco pizza? We’d love to hear how your experience went.