Pizzas have been a staple of the American diet since the late 19th century after being introduced by Italian immigrants.
It is a worldwide favorite dish loved by millions of people from all walks of life.
I mean, who does not love pizza?
It goes with any occasion and can be eaten at any time of the day.
You can choose from a variety of classic and creative flavors, from savory pepperoni to melty cheesy pizzas.
In fact, more than three billion pizzas are consumed in the U.S. every year, making this popular dish one of the most loved foods in the country.
What can make you love this dish even more?
Well, there is nothing better than getting pizza for free without having to pay for it.
And when I say free, you get it in a legal and honest way, of course!
In this article, I will teach you how to get a free pizza from among the best pizza chains in the U.S.
Whether you love a good deal or want to find more ways to cut off daily expenses, the tips and tricks outlined in this article can help.
So, without further ado, let’s find out how you can get free pizza and tackle the following topics:
- The 10 Basic Ways To Get Free Pizza
- Rewards And Loyalty Programs Offered At Pizza Chains
- What NOT To Do If You Want Free Pizza
- 1 The 10 Basic Ways To Get Free Pizza
- 1.1 1. Sign Up And Join Rewards Or Loyalty Programs
- 1.2 2. Find Promotions And Special Deals
- 1.3 3. Use Promo Codes Or Coupons
- 1.4 4. Be Gifted With A Gift Card
- 1.5 5. Join A Contest With Giveaways Or Freebies
- 1.6 6. Work At A Pizza Chain
- 1.7 7. Join Pizza Challenges Or A Pizza Eating Contest
- 1.8 8. Take Advantage Of National Pizza Day And Pi Day
- 1.9 9. Add Domino’s Pizza To Your Wedding Registry
- 1.10 10. Look For Pizza Freebies At Public Or Restaurant Events
- 2 Rewards And Loyalty Programs Offered At Pizza Chains
- 2.1 1. Domino’s Piece Of The Pie Rewards
- 2.2 2. Papa John’s Papa Dough
- 2.3 3. Casey’s Pizza – Casey’s Rewards
- 2.4 4. Marco’s Pizza Loyalty Program
- 2.5 5. Jet’s Pizza Jet’s Rewards
- 2.6 6. Godfather’s Pizza Loyalty Club
- 2.7 7. Papa Murphy’s MySLICE Rewards
- 2.8 8. Pizza Hut – Hut Rewards
- 2.9 9. MOD Pizza MOD Rewards®
- 2.10 10. Hungry Howie’s Pizza – Howie Rewards®
- 3 What NOT To Do If You Want Free Pizza
- 4 Hungry For Free Pizza?
The 10 Basic Ways To Get Free Pizza
1. Sign Up And Join Rewards Or Loyalty Programs
Most pizza chains offer a rewards program where you can earn points for every order you make.
Once you earn a certain number of points, you get the chance to redeem a pizza for free.
For instance, Domino’s has Piece Of The Pie Rewards, where you need to earn at least 60 points to get 1 free pizza.
Find out if your favorite pizza place offers rewards or loyalty programs that you can join.
Photo: Dominos pizza rewards
2. Find Promotions And Special Deals
Some pizza chains offer special deals and promotions that may include free pizza.
It can be offered for a limited time or is available on certain days or months.
Be on the lookout and wait for announcements from your local pizza chain or restaurant.
For instance, Pizza Boli’s has a Special Offer that allows you to buy any Large Pizza at regular menu price and get a second large pizza of equal or lesser value for free.
In addition, this offer is available on Mondays only.
If your birthday is coming up, you can also get a free pizza at some pizza chains like Papa Murphy’s.
Papa Murphy’s offers a free birthday pizza with MySLICE Rewards when you join and sign up.
To get a free birthday pizza, you have to be a MySLICE Rewards member and make a qualifying visit at least 180 days before your birthday.
You will get a Birthday Reward added to your account, which can be redeemed online or in-store within seven days for up to $16 worth of regular-price pizza.
3. Use Promo Codes Or Coupons
Promo codes and coupons not only give you huge discounts but the possibility to get free pizzas.
If you have a promo code, simply enter the code before checking out online or give it to the cashier when you order in-store.
Promo codes and coupons can be given out by pizza chains or at sites like Slickdeals.
Keep in mind there are certain terms and conditions that apply when availing these.
Moreover, promo codes and coupons may vary per store location, so make sure to check with your local pizza chain store for the latest deals.
An example of a promo code is PAPAREWARD from Papa John’s.
This code is applied for qualifying online orders with a minimum $15 purchase.
A day after placing the order, you will get 25 bonus Papa Rewards to your online account.
With 25 bonus Papa Rewards, you get a free large pizza with three toppings.
View this post on Instagram
4. Be Gifted With A Gift Card
Got a gift card as a present?
Remember to use it and claim a free or discounted pizza.
If the amount on the gift card is equivalent to a whole pizza, then you get a free pizza!
However, if the amount is less than the price of a whole pizza, you only get a discounted pizza.
You don’t have to wait for gift cards to be given to you as a present since several businesses give out gift cards that can be used in participating stores like pizza chains and restaurants.
This usually happens when you participate in a company’s promotional campaign and in exchange, you will be given a gift card for participating.
5. Join A Contest With Giveaways Or Freebies
Several events have contests that give out free pizzas.
Check the news, your local neighborhood events, or pizza chains and restaurants holding a contest with free pizza giveaways.
For instance, you can win a free pizza when you join DiGiorno’s Super Bowl Big Game promotion held every year.
Photo: DiGiorno’s Super Bowl Big Game
All you need to do is kick the ball while making sure it hits the crossbar of the goalpost.
You want the ball to bounce off and doink to get a coupon for one free DiGiorno pizza.
6. Work At A Pizza Chain
Working at a pizza chain or restaurant guarantees a free pizza from time to time.
Sometimes, the staff gets a free pizza at the end of the day.
According to some people at Glassdoor, one of the benefits of working at Pizza Hut is you get a personal pizza when you work more than five hours or have a canceled order.
Another example is working at &pizza, where employees and their families get free pizza as a benefit.
7. Join Pizza Challenges Or A Pizza Eating Contest
Pizza challenges or eating contests usually reward the winner with free pizza or cash money.
Not only do you get to eat free pizza already in one sitting, but you also get the chance to get a reward for another free pizza to enjoy when you want it.
An example of this is Alberto’s Pizza Shop’s Pizza Challenge which requires two people to eat a 28-inch cheese pizza in 28 minutes.
If you complete the challenge, you get pizza for free and $100.
Another example of an eating contest is from The Pizza Joint’s 5th annual pizza eating contest, where participants should eat as much pizza as possible in five minutes.
The participant with the most pizza eaten wins free pizza for a year and a trophy!
8. Take Advantage Of National Pizza Day And Pi Day
National Pizza Day is celebrated every 9th of February, while Pi Day is on the 14th of March.
During these occasions, pizza chains and restaurants usually offer special discounts and deals to celebrate the day.
For instance, Chuck E. Cheese offers a free pizza when you buy one large one-topping pizza on National Pizza Day.
When you spend at least $30 at Pasqually’s and use the promo code PIZZADAY, you get a free large cheese pizza.
9. Add Domino’s Pizza To Your Wedding Registry
Photo: Domino’s wedding registry
Yes – you read that right!
You can include pizza in your Domino’s wedding registry if you are a pizza-loving couple.
Domino’s provides several eGifts to choose from as wedding registry gifts.
You can include the following eGifts in your wedding to get a free pizza:
- 2 a.m. Bachelor Party Feast – $60
- Cater the Bachelorette Party – $60
- The Wedding Night – $25
- Dancing with My Slice – $100
- “One More Slice” Before “I Do” – $45
- Married but Chill – $15
- Thank You Card-a-thon – $30
- Post-Honeymoon Adjustment to Real Life – $25
- An Excuse Not to Cook – $20
- Bust Out the Fine China – $25
- Low-key Date Night – $30
10. Look For Pizza Freebies At Public Or Restaurant Events
Store anniversaries, opening days, Valentine’s Day, and charity nights are a few common events launched by restaurants to promote their business and attract customers.
During these events, the restaurant offers deals and giveaway freebies like free pizzas.
Stay updated by checking local events and restaurant announcements on these special events to get a chance to avail free pizza.
Rewards And Loyalty Programs Offered At Pizza Chains
A surefire way to get free pizza without the hassle of searching for deals and discounts online or waiting for yearly events for freebies is by signing up at a pizza chain and joining their rewards and loyalty programs.
Most pizza chains offer a rewards program where you can earn redeemable points.
These points can be redeemed for free items such as pizzas and sides.
Take note that you must follow the pizza chain’s terms and conditions to ensure you qualify for the points and freebies.
Listed below are some pizza chains offering rewards and loyalty programs.
Follow the steps below to join and start earning points for a free pizza.
1. Domino’s Piece Of The Pie Rewards
- Visit Domino’s rewards
- Click “Join Now” and create a Pizza Profile.
- Activate your Piece Of The Pie Rewards by clicking “Activate” on the homepage. If you do not activate this, you will not be able to earn points.
- Make an order worth $10 or more by phone, in-store purchase, Domino’s website, and app.
- Every $10 gives you 10 points. You can only earn 10 points per day.
- Points should be claimed within a month after making a qualifying order. You can claim your points by entering the order number and rewards code.
- Points will be added to your account after 48 hours of making a qualifying order.
- Track your points balance with the Rewards Pizza Meter in your Domino’s account.
- Earn up to 60 points to get a free pizza. (60 points = 1 free pizza).
- The free pizza you get is a medium 2-topping pizza. Get your free pizza by clicking “Redeem” on the homepage of your account.
- After clicking “Redeem”, follow the remaining steps to build your free medium 2-topping pizza.
2. Papa John’s Papa Dough
- Sign up by creating an account and joining Papa Rewards program.
- Order online, by app, or in person at any Papa John’s store to earn points. These points are turned into Papa Dough or a Papa Reward that can be used for free pizzas or other menu items.
- Get one point for every $1 you spend. Points expire after a year if you do not order or use them.
- Earn up to 75 points to get $10 worth of Papa Dough. Papa Dough expires after six months of receiving it.
- Use your $10 Papa Dough to claim your free pizza by clicking “Use Rewards” from your account. You can use up to $100 of Papa Dough.
- Claim your Papa Dough and use it as a partial or full payment on any order.
3. Casey’s Pizza – Casey’s Rewards
- Join Casey’s Rewards by becoming a member.
- Create an account by signing up.
- Earn 10 points for every $1 you spend in-store or online, or earn 5 points for every gallon purchased at Casey’s gas stations.
- Earn up to 250 points to redeem as Casey’s Cash, fuel discounts, and school donations.
- For every 250 points, you get $1 Casey’s Cash. Keep earning more Casey’s Cash to get a free pizza.
- Access your rewards with Casey’s app, available in the App Store and Google Play.
- Aside from earning Casey’s Cash, you can get one free pizza when you buy 10 large pizzas. This offer is exclusive to members.
4. Marco’s Pizza Loyalty Program
- Sign up and create an account to join Marco’s Pizza Loyalty Program.
- Spend $1 to earn 1 point.
- Earn up to 100 points to get a $10 certificate. This certificate expires 30 days after receiving it.
- Redeem the certificate at any Marco’s Pizza location.
- With a $10 worth of certificate, you can get a free small pizza with six slices worth $9.99.
5. Jet’s Pizza Jet’s Rewards
- Visit Jet’s Pizza and sign up to create an account.
- After signing up, you will get 10 points worth of Jet’s Rewards.
- Earn more rewards by making an order worth $10 or more.
- For every $10 order, you get 10 points. You can earn a maximum of 10 points a day. Points will expire if unused in six months and one day.
- You can redeem these points for a free item listed on Jet’s Marketplace. This page lists the current offers that are subject to change from time to time.
6. Godfather’s Pizza Loyalty Club
- Visit the Godfather’s Pizza website to join the Loyalty Club and check its Discounts and Coupons.
- Create an account via the website or download the Godfather’s Pizza Loyalty Club app on Google Play or Apple Store.
- Earn 10 points for every $1 you spend.
- Use the points to get a free pizza or sides.
- Alternatively, you can keep earning to save the most points to avail of Wiseguy Rewards, Underboss Rewards, and The Boss Rewards.
- Claim Wiseguy Rewards for 1,200 points and get a mini 1-topping pizza, cinnamon monkey bread, mini/small cheese sticks, garlic bread, and mini/small cinnamon streusel.
- Claim Underboss Rewards for 2,500 points and get a large cheese pizza, large pepperoni pizza, two mini 1-topping pizzas, a large cinnamon streusel, and large cheese sticks.
- Claim The Boss Rewards for 3,500 points and get a large Create-Your-Own pizza (up to five toppings), large classic combo, large taco pie, large all-meat combo, and large humble pie.
- You can earn points faster by accumulating 5,000 points to automatically become a member of the VIP Inner Circle. As a VIP Inner Circle member, you can earn 11 points for every $1 you spend.
7. Papa Murphy’s MySLICE Rewards
- Join Papa Murphy’s by signing up for MySLICE Rewards.
- You will earn a Welcome Reward as soon as you sign up.
- Earn credit in two ways: signing into your account for a qualifying online order or entering your phone number on the in-store payment terminal when you pay.
- Accumulate as many qualifying visits to unlock purchase-based rewards that can give you free items, free birthday pizza, discounts, and exclusive rewards.
- You can accumulate up to two qualifying visits a day for purchase-based rewards. Moreover, qualifying visits must be three hours apart with a minimum spend of $4.
8. Pizza Hut – Hut Rewards
- Visit Pizza Hut and sign in to earn Hut Rewards.
- Hut Rewards give you free Pizza Hut pizzas, breadsticks, sides, drinks, and many more.
- For every $1 you spend, you earn 2 points.
- Points will be deposited into your account after 24 to 48 hours of making a qualifying order.
- Make sure to use the points, or else they will expire after six months of inactivity.
- Redeem your points by logging in to your Pizza Hut account and clicking “Redeem”.
- The free pizzas you can redeem are as follows:
- You can also change the crust of your reward pizza and upgrade it to Original Stuffed Crust® for an additional cost.
9. MOD Pizza MOD Rewards®
- Visit MOD Pizza and click “Join Now” to earn MOD Rewards®.
- For every $1 you spend, you earn 1 point.
- Get 150 points for a free menu item reward.
- After earning up to 150 MOD Reward points, the points automatically convert into one reward. A reward will expire after 60 days.
10. Hungry Howie’s Pizza – Howie Rewards®
- Join Hungry Howie’s Pizza’s loyalty program and earn Howie Rewards®.
- You will automatically get 50 Howie Points™ as soon as you sign up.
- Make a qualifying order using your account to accumulate 10 Howie Points™. Each qualifying order gives you 10 Howie Points™. Moreover, you can only earn 10 Howie Points™ per day.
- Earn up to 60 Howie Points™ to get a free medium 2-topping pizza.
- Use Howie Points™ to redeem rewards using a Reward Code.
- Wait for an email confirmation about your reward and Reward Code. A Reward Code may take up to 24 hours to activate.
- Use the Reward Code on your next order to get a free pizza.
- You can choose a traditional round or thin crust for your reward.
- You can also add your favorite Flavored Crust®.
What NOT To Do If You Want Free Pizza
There is a fine line between getting free pizza and lying to get one.
When you are on the hunt for free pizzas, make sure you do not do anything dishonest and illegal to avoid getting in trouble.
Do not taint your morals and character just for a free item.
Moreover, it is important to always show respect and appreciation to pizzerias and the people working there.
So, remember to follow these guidelines:
- Do not lie about getting a wrong order: Some pizza chains offer a free item to replace a wrong order. Never claim to have been given a wrong order just to get a free item. You risk getting banned from the store if you get caught lying about a wrong order. Moreover, you can jeopardize an employee’s job and hurt their reputation.
- Do not make up false stories or post fake reviews online: Pizza chains can give free items to make up for bad service (if found true after thorough investigation). However, this can be abused by some people. Some people may make up stories or post lies about poor reviews regarding bad experiences with the service, an employee, or food quality. Not only is this method unfair to the pizzeria and the employees, but you will be in hot water and may end up in a legal battle.
- Do not cheat or take advantage of flaws in promotions or the system: Trying to cheat your way for a free item can get you disqualified from future promotions or orders. Even worse – you may be banned from the store. Moreover, if you do find an error in the pizzeria’s online ordering system, you may get caught one way or another.
- Do not try to steal pizza, ever!: Stealing is obviously illegal and not worth a free pizza if you wind up in jail for it. Not only is it illegal, but unethical as well. You may get banned, have a criminal record, and end up with a bad reputation.
Hungry For Free Pizza?
Score a free pizza by following all the 10 effective methods mentioned above.
And remember – never ever lie, make up false stories, cheat, or steal just to get a free pizza.
Find promotions and deals, use a promo code, or eat your way out with eating contests and challenges for a free guiltless pizza.
Don’t forget to celebrate your love for pizza with a special holiday such as National Pizza Day And Pi Day.
However, if you want the easiest way to get a free pizza, simply join a pizza chain’s loyalty program and earn points.
It may not be the fastest way to get a free pizza, but it is definitely the most guaranteed way to get one.
It is worth noting that the examples of promos, deals, codes, and offers given in this article may have changed, been discontinued, or are still available.
Check the latest news and offers by visiting the pizza chain’s deals and rewards page.
If you can’t seem to get a free pizza, why not get a discounted pizza instead?
Learn how to get a cheaper pizza with Slice Pizzeria’s guide – How to Get Cheap Pizza: The Frugal Foodie’s Guide to Discounted Pies.
Have you ever tried getting a free pizza in the past?
Let us know how you did it by commenting in the comments section below.