Need to feed a hungry crowd? Solve this dilemma by ordering a large pizza from one of the best pizza chains in the United States. Pizza is a versatile dish that suits any palate and goes with every social gathering.
Whether you have to feed 5, 10, 15, or more people, a whole large pizza should do the job.
However, you may ask yourself – how many pizzas should I order?
Well, there are several things you need to consider to determine the number of large pizzas to order.
You have to consider the pizza sizes in inches, the number of slices, and how hungry the guests are.
In this article, you will learn how many slices are typically eaten per person and how many people a large pizza feeds.
Moreover, the article compares how many large pizzas you need for a group of 5, 7, 8, and so forth.
In summary, you will read about the following:
- How Many Slices In A Large Pizza?
- How Many Slices Of Pizza Per Person?
- How Many People Does A Large Pizza Feed?
- How Many Pizzas For 5 People?
- How Many Pizzas For 7 People?
- How Many Pizzas For 8 People?
- How Many Pizzas For 10 People?
- How Many Pizzas For 12 People?
- How Many Pizzas For 15 People?
- How Many Pizzas For 25 People?
- How Many Pizzas For 30, 40, 50 People?
- A Table Of Comparison On The Number Of Pizzas Needed
- Considerations When Choosing The Number Of Pizzas
- 1 How Many Slices In A Large Pizza?
- 2 How Many Slices Of Pizza Per Person?
- 3 How Many People Does A Large Pizza Feed?
- 4 How Many Pizzas For 5 People?
- 5 How Many Pizzas For 7 People?
- 6 How Many Pizzas For 8 People?
- 7 How Many Pizzas For 10 People?
- 8 How Many Pizzas For 12 People?
- 9 How Many Pizzas For 15 People?
- 10 How Many Pizzas For 25 People?
- 11 How Many Pizzas For 30, 40, 50 People?
- 12 A Table Of Comparison On The Number Of Pizzas Needed
- 13 Considerations When Choosing The Number Of Pizzas
- 14 The Bottomline
How Many Slices In A Large Pizza?
Photo: Papa Johns Large Pizza Size
The number of slices in a large pizza varies per pizza chain.
Most pizza chains have a standard number of slices; however, you can always request to have it cut according to your desired number.
Moreover, the number of slices also depends on the type of pizza crust.
For instance, Domino’s large pizza is 14 inches, and you get eight slices for Hand Tossed crust and six slices for Brooklyn Style crust.
If you order a large pizza at Papa John’s, it is 14 inches and cut into eight slices.
You can compare the number of slices and the size of each large pizza in some of the most popular pizza chains in the U.S. with the table below.
Number of Slices In A Large Pizza In Pizza Chains
|Large Pizzas At Pizza Chain||Number of Slices In A Large Pizza|
|Domino’s 14-inch pizza||
|Papa John’s 14-inch pizza||8 slices|
|Pizza Hut’s 14-inch pizza||10 slices|
|Costco’s 18-inch pizza||12 slices|
|Jet’s Pizza’s large pizza||
|Marco’s Pizza’s large pizza||8 slices|
|Godfather’s Pizza 14-inch pizza||10 slices|
|Casey’s Pizza’s 14-inch pizza||
|Little Caesars 14-inch round pizza||
|Papa Murphy’s 14-inch pizza||8 slices|
|Hungry Howie’s Pizza 16-inch pizza||8 slices|
|Chuck E. Cheese 14-inch pizza||12 slices|
How Many Slices Of Pizza Per Person?
Generally, the average number of large slices one person can eat is between two to three slices.
View this post on Instagram
The number of slices also depends on the person’s appetite, how much they can eat, and the size of a slice.
Of course, the bigger the slice, the less number of slices a person can likely eat.
How Many People Does A Large Pizza Feed?
The size of a large pizza is typically between 14 and 18 inches.
View this post on Instagram
If a large 14-inch pizza has eight slices and a person can eat an average of two to three slices, then one large pizza can feed at least three to five people.
This still depends on the pizza’s size in inches and the person’s appetite.
According to Domino’s, their large pizza can feed three to five people, whereas Pizza Hut claims their large pizza is for four to six people. At Hungry Howie’s®, its 16-inch pizza can feed up to six people.
How Many Pizzas For 5 People?
You will need at least two large pizzas to feed five people who can eat two to three slices each.
How Many Pizzas For 7 People?
If a person eats three slices, you will need 21 slices in total for seven people.
If there are eight slices in one large pizza, you will likely need three large pizzas with a total of 24 slices.
How Many Pizzas For 8 People?
For eight people, you can stick with three large pizzas as well, with a total of 24 slices.
However, you don’t want to run out of pizza in case you need more.
Thus, it is always a good idea to have extra pizza and order four large pizzas instead.
How Many Pizzas For 10 People?
Assuming a person eats three slices, you can order only four large pizzas for a group of 10 people.
Four large pizzas will have 32 slices if one pizza has eight slices. So, you will have two extra slices for those who want more.
How Many Pizzas For 12 People?
You will need at least five large pizzas to feed 12 people.
This will give you 40 slices, which is more than enough to consume 36 slices or three slices per person.
How Many Pizzas For 15 People?
You can order five to six large pizzas for 15 people. If each person eats only two slices, you will need 30 slices in total or four large pizzas at least with 32 slices.
On the other hand, if each person eats three slices, you will need a total of 45 slices.
Thus, you have to order six large pizzas with a total of 48 slices.
How Many Pizzas For 25 People?
Let’s say each person eats two slices, you will need 50 slices at least.
Thus, you will most likely order seven large pizzas with 56 slices.
However, if each person eats three slices, you will need at least 75 slices.
You can get 80 slices if you order 10 large pizzas. To sum up, you will probably need 7 to 10 large pizzas for 25 people.
How Many Pizzas For 30, 40, 50 People?
Feeding 30 people will require 60 to 90 slices, or between eight to 12 large pizzas.
For 40 people, you will need 80 to 120 slices, which is about 10 to 15 large pizzas.
Lastly, a group of 50 people should have 100 to 150 slices at least, which is equivalent to 13 to 19 large pizzas.
To ensure you don’t run out of pizza, adding an extra large pizza is a good idea.
You don’t want your guests to be left hanging and looking for more.
A Table Of Comparison On The Number Of Pizzas Needed
Need an easy reference? Check the table below to compare the number of pizzas you should order for a number of people.
Whenever you have a pizza party, go back to this table and check how many pizzas you need.
Remember this tip, always add an extra whole pizza to make sure you don’t run out of food to offer.
A Table Of Comparison On The Number Of Pizzas Needed
|How Many People?||How Many Pizzas Should I Order?|
|5 people||2 large pizzas|
|7 people||3 large pizzas|
|8 people||3 to 4 large pizzas|
|10 people||4 large pizzas|
|12 people||5 large pizzas|
|15 people||5 to 6 large pizzas|
|25 people||7 to 10 large pizzas|
|30 people||8 to 12 large pizzas|
|40 people||10 to 15 large pizzas|
|50 people||13 to 19 large pizzas|
Considerations When Choosing The Number Of Pizzas
The number of pizzas above is only a general idea based on two to three slices per person.
It will still depend on several factors that can affect the number of pizzas, whether you need more or less pizzas.
Some of the things you can consider before deciding on how many pizzas to order are as follows:
- The group’s appetite: Are you feeding a group who loves to eat a lot? Or is it the complete opposite? You don’t want to order a lot and have so many pizza leftovers or order very little and leave your guests a bit hungry.
- The pizza toppings and crust: What type of pizza crustwill you order? Is it a thin light crust or a heavy stuffed crust? Moreover, does it have high-calorie pizza toppings loaded with meat or just light cheesy or veggie toppings? If you choose to go on the heavier side, then a person may eat fewer slices. On the other hand, if it is a simple cheese pizza, people may want to eat more slices.
- The type of meal: Is the pizza the main dish or just an appetizer or snack? If you are serving other food like sides, salads, and wings, then you might want to lessen the pizza. However, if it is the main dish or the only food to serve, then you will have to order the right number of pizzas.
The number of large pizzas you need depends on the number of guests, the person’s appetite, the type of pizza, and the type of meal you plan to serve.
Generally, you can estimate the number assuming each person eats at least two to three slices.
Moreover, you will have to check with the pizza chain regarding the inches and number of slices offered for a large pizza.
Remember, ordering an additional large pizza is always better rather than running low on pizzas to serve.
Besides, leftovers won’t go to waste since you can still eat them the next day by reheating the pizza using an oven, skillet, or grill, to name a few.
Alternatively, you can ask your guests to take home some pizza slices if you think you can’t eat the leftovers.
Have you tried ordering large pizzas for a party? How many people were there and how many pizzas did you order?
Share your experience and recommendations in the comments section below.
For more helpful tips, read informative guides on Slice Pizzeria and follow on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.