Medium pizzas are just about the right size. It is not too small nor too big.
Whether you need a medium pizza for a family meal or a get-together with friends, it is the perfect size without being too less or too much as long as you order the right amount of pizzas.
In order to know how many pizzas to order for your gathering, you first need to learn how many slices in a medium pizza and how many slices a person eats.
Aside from these factors, you also have to consider the size in inches since not all pizza chains have the same medium sizes and number of slices.
Fortunately, this article shares how many inches a medium pizza is, how many slices there are, and how many people a medium pizza feeds.
As a bonus, the article also covers the inches and slices of medium pizzas offered at some of the best pizza chains in the U.S.
You can compare the prices to know which pizza chain has the best deal if you plan to order medium pizzas from them.
In summary, the article covers the following topics:
- How Many Slices And Inches In A Medium Pizza Size?
- How Many Slices Of Medium Pizza Can A Person Eat?
- How Many People Does A Medium Pizza Feed?
- The Number Of Slices In A Medium Pizza At Pizza Chains
- 1 How Many Slices And Inches In A Medium Pizza Size?
- 2 How Many Slices Of Medium Pizza Can A Person Eat?
- 3 How Many People Does A Medium Pizza Feed?
- 4 The Number Of Slices In A Medium Pizza At Pizza Chains
- 5 Final Thoughts
How Many Slices And Inches In A Medium Pizza Size?
The common size of a medium pizza is 12 inches in diameter. Moreover, a medium pizza is usually cut into eight slices.
Photo: Medium pizza
However, you can choose to customize the number of slices and have it cut less or more than eight.
Although eight slices are commonly found in medium pizzas, some pizza chains have a different number of slices.
For instance, medium pizzas from Casey’s Pizza are available in Handmade Original cut into six slices.
Meanwhile, Chuck E. Cheese has medium pizzas for Traditional and Stuffed Crust cut into 10 slices.
It is worth mentioning that although most pizza chains offer a 12-inch medium pizza with eight slices, these pizza chains may provide a medium pizza in specific crust styles.
For instance, Domino’s medium pizza is available for Hand Tossed, Crunchy Thin Crust, and Handmade Pan, whereas Papa John’s only offers medium pizzas with Original Crust.
If you are looking for gluten free pizzas, some pizza chains offer Gluten Free Crust for medium pizzas such as Papa Murphy’s Gluten Free Crust.
How Many Slices Of Medium Pizza Can A Person Eat?
There are several factors that determine how many slices a person can eat.
The number of slices varies from person to person since not all have the same appetite.
Moreover, the pizza crust, type of pizza, and toppings influence the number of slices a person can typically consume.
Here are some things to consider to know how many slices a person can eat.
- Type of person: Will a child or adult eat the medium pizza you plan to serve? Generally, children eat less than adults since they have smaller stomachs. Moreover, children require fewer calories per day. It will also vary whether the child is five years old and below, six years old and above, a teenager, or whether the child is a boy or a girl. Thus, you can expect that adults will eat more slices since adults have bigger stomachs and higher calorie intake. However, it will still depend on the adult’s personal preference and physical activity.
- A person’s appetite: Hunger is different for everyone. Some people have a big appetite, while some have a small appetite. However, keep in mind that hunger and appetite are different from one another. A person’s hunger is more related to the desire to eat because of the lack of food or the person has not eaten a meal yet. Thus, if you are feeding a medium pizza for a meal of the day, such as lunch or dinner, you can expect a hungrier crowd to feed.
- The meal type: In relation to the person’s hunger, it is natural for a person to eat more slices if the medium pizza serves as the main meal for lunch or dinner. Moreover, a person will eat more slices if the medium pizza is the only dish served without sides. So, if you plan to serve other dishes like sides, salads, and wings, a person may eat fewer slices of a medium pizza.
- The medium pizza’s measurements: How many inches and slices does the medium pizza have? Medium pizzas vary per size of each slice since not all have the same measurements. You can say that a person would eat fewer slices if the medium pizza is cut with larger slices or is larger in inches than the average size. The bigger the slice in cut and inches, a person may consume fewer slices than the average.
- The medium pizza’s toppings and crust: The topping combo and crust can make a medium pizza heavy or light. If you use heavy toppings like meat, white sauce, and cheese, it can make a person full quickly. Moreover, crusts like stuffed crust and handmade pan are heavier and have more calories per slice. On the other hand, pizzas with minimal toppings and light tomato sauce are generally lighter. In addition, thin crust and hand tossed crust are typically lighter with low calories per slice. Thus, you can expect a person to eat more slices with these light toppings and crusts since they won’t get full right away.
Considering these factors, you can get a general idea of how many slices a person can eat in a medium pizza.
On average, a child or teenager can eat one to four slices of a medium pizza, whereas adults can typically eat three to six.
Refer to the table below for easy reference.
Table of Slices A Person Can Eat
|Type of Person||Slices of Medium Pizza|
|Child or Teenager||1 to 4 slices|
|Adult||3 to 6 slices|
How Many People Does A Medium Pizza Feed?
Knowing the number of slices in a medium pizza and how many slices a person eats, you can get a rough idea of how many people a medium pizza feeds.
Since a medium pizza has eight slices and an adult can eat at least three slices, a medium pizza feeds two adults.
If a child eats two slices, then a medium pizza feeds four children.
Learn how many medium pizzas to order using the 3/8 rule.
This rule computes the number of pizzas you need, depending on the estimated number of slices per person and the number of slices you plan to order per medium pizza.
The Number Of Slices In A Medium Pizza At Pizza Chains
Discover the medium pizzas offered at some of the best pizza chains in the U.S. Use the table below to know the inches, slices, and prices of medium pizzas at these pizza chains.
Moreover, the table also lists the type of crust available for the pizza chain’s medium pizza.
Note that the prices and offers listed in the table may vary per store location of the pizza chain.
Thus, it is best to visit the pizza chain’s local store to know the local offers and latest prices of their medium pizzas.
Table of Medium Pizzas At Pizza Chains (Slices, Crusts, And Prices)
|Large Pizzas At Pizza Chain||Medium Pizza Crust (12 inches)||Number of Slices||Price|
|How many slices in a medium Domino’s Pizza pizza?
|How many slices in a medium Papa John’s pizza?||Original Crust||8 slices
|Starts at $11.09|
|How many slices in a medium Pizza Hut pizza?
||8 slices||Starts at $13.49|
|How many slices in a medium Jet’s Pizza pizza?||Hand Tossed Crust||8 pieces||Starts at $12.49|
|How many slices in a medium Marco’s Pizza pizza?||
||8 slices||Starts at $11.99|
|How many slices in a medium Godfather’s Pizza pizza?||
||8 slices||Starts at $14.99|
|How many slices in a medium Casey’s Pizza pizza?||Handmade Original Crust||6 slices
|Starts at $12.99|
|How many slices in a medium Papa Murphy’s pizza?||
|How many slices in a medium Hungry Howie’s Pizza pizza?||
||8 slices||Starts at $10.99|
|How many slices in a medium Chuck E. Cheese pizza?||
|How many slices in a medium Mountain Mike’s Pizza pizza?||
||12 slices||Starts at $17.99|
Based on these base prices, you can say that Domino’s, Papa Murphy’s, and Hungry Howie’s Pizza offer the cheapest medium pizzas.
If you want to get the best deal, don’t forget to avail the pizzeria’s deals and discounts for cheap medium pizzas.
The bottom line, medium pizzas will surely satisfy a group’s appetite. It is the perfect size that is easy to hold, unlike a large pizza that tends to flop because of its bigger slice.
The standard size of a medium pizza is cheaper and easy to store and reheat in case you have leftovers.
If you are curious whether a medium or large pizza has a better value per slice, read Slice Pizzeria’s guide – What’s the Better Deal? 2 Mediums or 1 Large Pizza?
Compare the slices and prices between medium and large pizzas. If you want to know how many medium pizzas to order, you can also get advice from the guide How Many Pizzas Should I Order For 5, 10, 15, Or More People?
Do you frequently order medium pizzas? Which pizza chain do you order a medium pizza and how many slices?
Share your answers in the comments section below! For more informative guides on pizza slices, follow Slice Pizzeria on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.